The Fire Island Pines Property Owners Association (FIPPOA) has arranged with the Sayville Ferry Service to expand the Fall schedule. According to an email sent by Jay Pagano, President of FIPPOA: "The EARLY FALL schedule will change as follows:
* The Early Fall schedule will be extended one week to include all of September. Previously it had ended the third week of September.
* An extra boat will be added leaving Sayville on Monday September 11th at 7:10pm and the Pines at 7:55pm. This is to accommodate the large amount of people who stay out through Monday that second week of September.
* Although there will be no west bound train from Sayville to meet the 7:55pm boat, Colonial taxi has been alerted to take people to the Ronkonkoma Station.
* There will be a late Thursday ferry throughout September leaving Sayville at 7:30pm.
* On Mondays the 10:30am boat will change to leave Sayville at 10:25am giving the return at 10:55am more time to connect with the LIRR.
* On Sundays one additional boat has been added at 7:50pm and thru September 17th there will be an additional boat at 8:50pm.
The FALL Schedule will change as follows:
* The Fall schedule will be extended one week through October 29th.
* An additional boat will be added Monday thru Thursday leaving Sayville at 5:10pm.
* On Thursday October 5th, there will be an additional boat leaving Sayville at 7:30pm.
* The 10:15am boat throughout the week will change to 10:10am giving the return at 10:55am more time to connect with the LIRR.
* On Fridays, the 12:15pm boat will leave Sayville at 12:10pm giving the returnfrom the Pines at 12:55pm more time to connect with the LIRR.
* On Columbus Day Weekend an additional boat will be added on Friday leaving Sayville at 5:30pm.
* For all of October there will be an additional Saturday boat leaving Sayville at 5:20pm.
Sayville Ferry Service has promised that if this additional service works then more service will be added for next spring and fall."